Saturday, May 07, 2022

STATEMENT OF FAITH BY PASTOR FRED TOERNE 


I am a Christian. 


I have tried not to be a Christian because of the evil done by the Christian religion and by the thoughts, words, and actions of Christians. 


I can gladly let go of the Christian religion, but I cannot repudiate Jesus of Nazareth or His teachings. 


Along with other rabbis of His era, Jesus believed and taught that the Law of God is best summarized by the Two Great Commandments: 

You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind, and 

You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 


His own good example and that of all people of good will have taught me: Love is best expressed by seeking freedom for the beloved. 


Especially in our time and with its issues, I believe we all need to let these thoughts sink in as we contemplate them. 


1 Comments:

Blogger Fiddlin' Big Al said...

that works well

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home