Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The Rose

"Just remember in the winter, far beneath the bitter snow, lies the seed that with the sun's love in the Spring becomes the Rose." As I'm missing my dear wife, Bina, who died Monday morning, December 5, 2005, I am deeply comforted by thoughts of the Resurrection. There are witnesses to the Resurrection in many places in popular culture. The quote from the song, "The Rose," is one of my personal favorites. Right now there is beautiful snow all around me in northern Idaho, and I love it very much. At the same time, this morning it feels kind of bitter. The low temperature at my house this morning was -5F, and that equals the coldest temperature I've seen in the five winters I've been privileged to spend here so far. Knowing that the Rose - and the Bina - will rise again is a warm comfort to my heart.

1 Comments:

Blogger pastorfred said...

Thanks, Craig V. I'll look forward to hearing from you again. If you ever do have a New Year's party for the start of Advent, please invite me!

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home